Make a quilt based on an inspiration of your choice. When submitting your entry you will have to submit a photo of your particular inspiration, along with a photo of your quilt and a few paragraphs explaining your quilt. How does it relate to or display your inspiration?
Valori Wells will be the judge for this round.
Check out the Modern Quilt Guild main website for all the prizes up for grabs.
The Rules & Details:
- All quilts must be 45” x 45” or larger
- Limit of one submission per person, per challenge
- To enter your submission for Challenge 1, email one photo of your quilt, one photo of your inspiration and a brief write up (one or two paragraphs is fine) explaining your quilt and how it reflects your inspiration to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All entries for Challenge 1 must be received by November 30, 2010.
- The winners of Challenge 1 will be announced on or about December 15, 2010.
- US residents only are eligible for the prizes.
- The three winners of Challenge 1 will be selected by our Guest Judge, Valori Wells. At the judge’s discretion, members of The MQG Planning Committee may aid in selecting finalists. However, no person involved in the judging process will know the identity of contest entrants. Each winner will receive an identical prize package.
- Project Modern will be conducted on and through The MQG’s website. The details of each challenge, and the winners will be announced on the blog.
- All Challenge 1 submissions will be posted in a public Flickr group after November 30, 2010. .
- Full challenge rules here.