Monday, August 30, 2010

September Meeting & All Day Sew

The Fort Wayne Modern Quilt Guild will be meeting Saturday, September 18, 2010 at 1:00 pm at Pieced Together (local quilt shop).

Pieced Together is located at  6037 E State Blvd, Fort Wayne, IN 46815, towards Maplecrest Road...look for a big blue sign for Toskos Tailoring.

 

The meeting will not be long, that way we can get those sewing machines humming right away. The All Day Sew will be right after the meeting until 6:00 pm.


Checklist:
  • Sewing Machine & petal, along with all cords
  • Project that you want to work, fabric, thread, buttons, zipper, etc.
  • Cutting Mat, Rotary Cutter, Rulers, etc.
  • Iron & board....I'm going to check with the shop, they might have an ironing board on site already.
  • And anything else that you might need for you project

Hope to see all you in September!

Thanks, Claire D.
Fort Wayne MQG Leader

5 comments:

Jenny said...

i stopped in at pieced together and julie told me about this on Friday! yeah! I will be late (probably miss the meeting entirely) but i will be there in time for some sewing! thanks claire for organizing this!

millie kate said...

ooooh! Fun! I believe I can make it! Can't wait!

Sherri said...

Bummer! I can't make it! My son has a parent event that day that I can't miss (since his dad will also be away on an annual guys weekend). Boo!

millie kate said...

Have we found out if the shop has irons and boards for us to use? I could bring my baby board, but I'm really embarrassed by how gross the cover looks...

Claire said...

I plan on taking my ironing board, even though it's full size. I think mine looks gross to me too, but I use a white towel to put over it (white, so there is no color bleed). I also plan on taking my iron, which there is nothing fancy about, it's plain jane, but it works.

You are more than welcome to bring your own though.